The 11 hour "A Christian Perspective for Coaching: Applications" continuing education course achieves the BCC core competencies for coaches by focusing on the successful application of a professional coaching practice: Approaches for Individuals (4 hours), Assessments (4 hours), and Approaches for Businesses and Organizations (3 hours).
Course learning is achieved by:
(1) Reading assigned chapters 8-18 in the text Christian Coaching, Second Edition: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality, by Gary Collins (available for purchase online and in stores),
(2) accompanying video training, and
(3) an interactive discussion forum where students may post comments or questions for the instructor and other learners.
Students will have an unlimited number of attempts to complete the online multiple choice exam with a score of 70% or better in order to facilitate learning, successfully pass this course and receive a certificate for completing 11 hours of continuing education.
Course Objectives. Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. Assess coaching goals, client strengths, and specific issues concerning the coaching process.
2. Facilitate and monitor the individual client’s progress toward desired goals, decision making, and use of resources.
3. Understand organizational roles, the change process, mentoring, and conflict management related to the coaching process for businesses and organizations.
To view or purchase Christian Coaching, Second Edition, on Amazon.com, click here.